Family Law, Divorce, Custody and Parenting Time, Debt and Asset Division
Joseph has comprehensive experience in family law matters. Prior to joining Perkins Law, LLC, Joseph’s work focused on the various areas of family law, including divorce, spousal support, custody, parenting time, child support, debt and asset division, guardianship, and appeals. During law school, Joseph clerked for multiple Deputy District Attorneys at the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office in Long Beach, California, where he worked on felony prosecution cases from arraignment through trial.
- UC Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, CA - Juris Doctorate - 2018
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA - Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, cum laude - 2015
Joseph is a member of the Oregon State Bar, as well as the Family Law Section of the Oregon State Bar. In law school, Joseph participated in Moot Court, arguing a Constitutional Law case to a panel of judges in United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
For three years, Joseph was a member of the Hastings Public Interest Law Foundation (HPILF), an organization focused on giving back to the local community. Joseph has interned at the Red Cross and Expand Animal Rights Now, a nonprofit organization in Los Angeles, where he conducted legal research on cases aimed at promoting the welfare of animals.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award - 2018
- Dean’s Scholarship - 2015
- Phi Sigma Tau Philosophical Honors Society - 2015
- Loyola Marymount University Achievement Award - 2015
- Presidential Citation Award - 2015
In his leisure, Joseph enjoys reading philosophy, learning about emerging technologies, walking his dog, cooking, and skiing.